BOARD MEETING: March 2nd, 2004
Guy Timmons, Larry Anderson, Larry Elizondo, Yar Senoj (AKA Ray Jones), Oren Zehner, Jack Cress, Lyle Dragoo, Jim Hartsell, Bob Galloway, Bob Fulton, Maurice Clyma, Ken Hager, Mike Mitchell, and Ray Richardson.
A short business session.
Show and Tell.
The March 16th meeting will highlight a show and tell of members
turning’s, everyone should try to bring at least one or two items, in this
case more is better.
We will have Bob Fulton and Ken Hager to answer
any question about woodturning after show and tell.
So please bring some item to show and tell, or some questions.
As you can see we want a lot of items brought to
the meeting for Show and Tell.
1. The April membership meeting will be devoted to Jigs and Fixtures, which aids the tuner. This can be item which attaches to the lathe, helps sharpen a tool, homemade tools, a new kind of cup holder, etc., I think you get the idea, so bring anything you have. The more the merrier.
2. Saturday March 6th, Allen Lacier will be giving an all day presentation. The presentation will begin at 8:30 am so come early, AND DON’T FORGET TO BRING A CHAIR. The presentation will be held at the Handyman Connections, 5401 South Sheridan, Suite 301, which is in the Braniff Mart just south of The Farm. You can park behind Handyman Connection or in front of building, but south of the short wall between The Farm and Braniff Mart. If you have any problems finding the location call Larry Elizondo at 830-2424.
3. As a reminder, please pay your club dues.
1. The Texas Turners will be holding their annual symposium, October 1st, 2nd and 3rd, in Temple, Texas. More information will be made available in the future. You can check their website at www.texasturnortwo.com
2. The national AAW has asked if anyone wants to join. Applications will be available at the membership meeting. If you want to turn at a club function, i.e. fair, demo’s etc. you must be a member of AAW, so the club is covered under their insurance.
3. Bob Fulton will be doing a presentation at the city hall in Weber Falls, Saturday, April 17th, and at the city hall in Gore, Saturday, May 8th. If you are interested in assisting Bob with these presentations, please see him at the membership meeting. This is a club function your support will be greatly appreciated.
4. Larry Elizondo will coordinate a committee to look into the future direction the club wants to take, the image we want to portray, by developing a strategic plan for our club. This will require the input from all members, if you are interest in this program please see Larry at the membership meeting.
A nonmember approached the club about advertising
products for sale on our website. Tim
Yoder and Larry Elizondo will look into this idea.
The next board meeting is scheduled for April 6th, at 7pm at Handyman Connection, 5401 So. Sheridan, Suite 301, Braniff Mart, Tulsa.
Questions or comments about this site please email Webmaster@wneo.com